Microsoft Race Briefing
August 30th, 2016
5:30pm Central Start Time
With your custom adventure race approaching quickly this briefing will help get your team fully prepared to take on your co-workers and have an incredible experience! Please read through it carefully and if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact our team at XTeam@XperienceAdventures.com.
Before The Race Starts:
1. Download the race mobile app and join the group designated for your team.
The "Bonfyre" mobile app will be the main form of communication between your team and our Race HQ. Download it now on any Apple or Android device that you'll be racing with.
Create an account in the Bonfyre app using your Microsoft email address.
Upon logging into the app you should find the group designated for your team. You can click "Join" and begin using it.
Then use the tips that pop up within the app or read through our app website (www.XperienceAdventures.com/app) to become a pro at using it before you hit the pavement. It's a very simple and intuitive app but if you aren't sure how to comment and submit pictures and video into your Team Bonfyre before the race begins it will slow your team down greatly.
2. The Race Begins!!
Right at the start of the race we will send out the link to the Race website via your Team Bonfyre. We will also email you a PDF version of it in case you wanted to print off a copy before you head out. Start looking over the challenges, discuss your team's strategy, or begin submitting pictures and videos of your team completing the challenges.
1. You will have up to 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete as many of the 40 challenges as possible and submit them to your Team Bonfyre as you go.
2. Challenges can be completed in any order. You can skip any of them you need to, so focus on the ones you can complete quickly and then get savvy to complete as many of the others as you can before the clock runs out.
3. Challenges are divided up into 4 categories: Physical, Skill, Find, and Fun. If there's a challenge description you don't understand, or if you just want to make sure you do it correctly on the first attempt, you can click on the link to the "Details" page located below each category.
4. Teams need to stay together throughout the race from one challenge to another and your team should attempt to get everyone involved and included in each picture/video. If you're not the one completing a specific challenge, you should be cheering on your teammates and/or strategizing about how to complete other challenges.
5. During the race your team should travel on foot via your own power only. So public transit, bikes, personal vehicles are all off limits.
6. Each challenge will be labeled with a 3-digit number. When submitting a picture or video be sure to include the 3-digit number so our HQ can verify it quickly. If using the mobile app, this can be done by clicking on the "Add a caption" box just before uploading.
7. We will be keeping track of the number of challenges every team has completed throughout the race, in real-time. Finish positions will be based on the total number of challenges you complete and the amount of time it took you to complete them. So if Team #2 completed 18 challenges and so did Team #3, but Team #2 submitted their 18th challenge earlier than Team #3, then Team #2 will have a better finishing position.
3. After The Race:
The race will end right at 7pm with a message from our Race HQ. Any submissions sent after that message will not be counted towards your total. Once finished, follow the plans outlined by your company leader. Official results will be posted within an hour of the race ending. Be sure to share some of your favorite moments with the other teams and post them on social media!
AND FINALLY.... SOME THINGS TO BE AWARE OF
1. Some challenges will be easier to complete than others given your location and the individual skills of those on your team. One of the goals of this experience is to work together as a team, communicate, problem solve, and manage your time wisely. Focus on the challenges that you can complete easily given your location and resources and then get creative/savvy to complete as many of the others as possible, or skip them. If all team members are not able to complete the requirements for a challenge due to more unique reasons (health limitations, etc) just let our HQ know via your Team Bonfyre and we will discuss it with you or potentially adjust the requirements and verify accordingly.
2. Our unique mobile racing model is somewhat dependent on the functionality of a number of technology platforms. We have backup plans in place for every possible scenario we can think of, but we won't waste your time outlining them all here. Just be aware that if for some reason Bonfyre becomes temporarily unavailable during the race, keep racing, and we will send you an email right away with a contact person to text your submissions to while we work with Bonfyre to get it back up. We expect the race and all of our technology to be very smooth and provide you with an incredible experience but we just wanted to include this information in the briefing in case we need to implement a backup plan for any reason.
HAVE FUN! EXPERIENCE YOUR CITY IN A UNIQUE WAY! AND TAKE SOME REALLY GREAT PICTURES AND VIDEO SO YOU CAN REMEMBER THIS FOR A LONG TIME TO COME!
THANKS FOR RACING WITH XPERIENCE ADVENTURES!
If you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact us via your Team Bonfyre or by email at XTeam@XperienceAdventures.com